Thursday, January 6, 2011

Lurking, and New Year Resolutions

I started sewing about 5 years ago.  Well, I started hoarding fabric then and sewing occasionally.  In the past 2 years I have become a lurker.  That's right.  Someone who enjoys clicking around sewing blogs, watching others progress, loving the results and inspiration, but never leaving comments.  Never telling talented seamstresses how amazing they are and what I've learned from their work.  No more.  New Years Resolution number one:  Be friendly to the sewing community.  It's about time:)  Anyway enough with the stalker-ish lurking talk and on to exciting plans for 2011.

  • The jacket in the previous post that HAD to be documented
  • a pajama set for me
  • Grey business pants 
  • A lovely warm winter coat
  • More hoodies for the children
  • Fluttering Anthro skirt knockoff (pictured above)--and drafted by ME!
  • A pair of jeans
  • a boyfriend jacket
  • Take part in Self Stitched September
  • A bag/purse.  One I really like.  One customized and awesome.
So far so good, I think.  And I'll be documenting a bunch of clothes I have already made in the last couple years.  My wardrobe is about 60% home-made.  I'm excited.  Hope this goes well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment