Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Bracelet, a Dress, and Excuses

Guys we had snow last week.  Last week!  Grrr.  Oh well, pray for my tomatoes.  They are struggling.

In other news, I've been busy.  Just not sewing.  My oldest started T-Ball, we had a dog for a week, (best dog ever), wrapped up preschool graduation, got new furniture for my kids, my husband got a job, planted our traumatized garden, did a Bird Unit (homeschool style) with the kids, and cleaned, cooked, read, sewed, did yard work, and did my laundry.  I swear I meant to do all those other things....

Anyway, in trying to keep the mess/stress down for the last month, I didn't bring my sewing machine out.  (I'm a very messy sewer)  But I did do some crafting.


This used to be my favorite purse-from Fossil of course.
I put a snap in--you can see it on the bottom piece.
I didn't even stitch it in.  I hot glued it.  If it had been a bigger  snap, I may have used duct tape.
 It's been that kind of a month:)


I also made peacock feather earrings.  And then I threw them in my purse.  Now, they are trashed.  I really liked them so I'll probably make some more. (Does this sound like "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" to anyone but me?) And not put them in my purse.
(Unfortunately, no promises on this end)


This sewing I did a couple days ago!  As long as I get all those crossed out things done today, I might show you tonight!  It's made with 3 rectangles (sound familiar?)
I really should branch out--but lately, I just need easy.

This is what happened to the rest of my purse (the necklace)

Believe it or not, this is the best picture.  I'm not a
photographer like my mom.  (Who is doing a recap of 
her time aboard the USNS Comfort on a service mission, by the way.  
You should check it out)

So wish me luck, I should be posting again shortly.  (yea!)  

Right now, however, I must settle a dispute between Anakin's ghost vs.  Darth Maul's bodyguard.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it nice to just do what you already know how to do? Good for the frazzled brain.

    Sorry about the snow. I thought we had it bad here... (:

    Very fun bracelet!

    ReplyDelete